Oliver Pashley is a London-based clarinettist and founding member of The Hermes Experiment. He plays regularly with orchestras and ensembles at home and abroad, including the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, Britten Sinfonia, the Philharmonia Orchestra, Southbank Sinfonia, Northern Ballet Sinfonia, and the Haffner Wind Octet.
As a soloist he has worked with many ensembles around the UK, including performances of Mozart’s Clarinet Quintet with the Allegri Quartet at the Anghiari Festival and their Richmond concert series, Brahms’ Clarinet Trio with pianist Carole Presland and cellist Alasdair Tait, and unconducted performances of Mozart’s Clarinet Concerto with the Bristol Ensemble, with whom he will be returning in their 2017/18 season to perform Copland’s Clarinet Concerto.
Oliver gave a performance of Peter Maxwell Davies’ Hymnos on the Barbican main stage in an evening featuring the world première of the composer’s Tenth Symphony given by the London Symphony Orchestra. He has performed at the Schleswig-Holstein, City of London, Cambridge, Petworth, Stogumber, Bushey and Deal festivals, and recently performed onstage with fellow alumni of Southbank Sinfonia on the Olivier Theatre stage in an acclaimed revival of Peter Shaffer’s play Amadeus at the National Theatre in a 6-month run.
Oliver studied at Cambridge University, and went on to obtain a Master’s Degree with distinction from the Guildhall School of Music and Drama. Oliver was an Artist Fellow in residence at the Guildhall School in 2014-15, which culminated in a concert featuring an unconducted performance of John Adams’ Gnarly Buttons given with the School’s New Music Ensemble.
As well as his contributions to Interlude, Oliver is also the Schools’ Administrator for Apollo Music Projects, a charity which brings classical music to children aged 7-11 who might not otherwise experience it.
Oliver gratefully acknowledges the support he receives from the Countess of Munster Musical Trust and Help Musicians UK.
- July 1st, 2019 Alondra de la Parra
- June 1st, 2019 Pablo Ferrández
- May 18th, 2019 What Else Do You Do?
- May 1st, 2019 Ying Fang
- April 1st, 2019 Paul Huang
- March 1st, 2019 Li Biao Percussion Group
- February 1st, 2019 Sergei Nakariakov
- January 1st, 2019 Haochen Zhang
- December 1st, 2018 Nicolas Altstaedt
- November 1st, 2018 István Várdai
- October 1st, 2018 Ivan Krpan
- September 1st, 2018 Schaghajegh Nosrati
- August 1st, 2018 Collegium 1704 & Collegium Vocale 1704
- July 19th, 2018 The Final Piece of the Jigsaw – Sir Mark Elder on Donizetti’s L’Ange de Nisida
- July 2nd, 2018 Thomas Guggeis
- May 29th, 2018 Adrien La Marca
- May 1st, 2018 Bomsori Kim
- April 1st, 2018 Benjamin Appl
- March 9th, 2018 Life on the Road III
- March 1st, 2018 Denis Matsuev