Oliver Pashley is a London-based clarinettist and founding member of The Hermes Experiment. He plays regularly with orchestras and ensembles at home and abroad, including the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, Britten Sinfonia, the Philharmonia Orchestra, Southbank Sinfonia, Northern Ballet Sinfonia, and the Haffner Wind Octet.
As a soloist he has worked with many ensembles around the UK, including performances of Mozart’s Clarinet Quintet with the Allegri Quartet at the Anghiari Festival and their Richmond concert series, Brahms’ Clarinet Trio with pianist Carole Presland and cellist Alasdair Tait, and unconducted performances of Mozart’s Clarinet Concerto with the Bristol Ensemble, with whom he will be returning in their 2017/18 season to perform Copland’s Clarinet Concerto.
Oliver gave a performance of Peter Maxwell Davies’ Hymnos on the Barbican main stage in an evening featuring the world première of the composer’s Tenth Symphony given by the London Symphony Orchestra. He has performed at the Schleswig-Holstein, City of London, Cambridge, Petworth, Stogumber, Bushey and Deal festivals, and recently performed onstage with fellow alumni of Southbank Sinfonia on the Olivier Theatre stage in an acclaimed revival of Peter Shaffer’s play Amadeus at the National Theatre in a 6-month run.
Oliver studied at Cambridge University, and went on to obtain a Master’s Degree with distinction from the Guildhall School of Music and Drama. Oliver was an Artist Fellow in residence at the Guildhall School in 2014-15, which culminated in a concert featuring an unconducted performance of John Adams’ Gnarly Buttons given with the School’s New Music Ensemble.
As well as his contributions to Interlude, Oliver is also the Schools’ Administrator for Apollo Music Projects, a charity which brings classical music to children aged 7-11 who might not otherwise experience it.
Oliver gratefully acknowledges the support he receives from the Countess of Munster Musical Trust and Help Musicians UK.
- August 13th, 2014 A Master of the Orchestra – Bechara El-Khoury’s Sound Worlds
- August 12th, 2014 Alma Mahler – Giving Music Life
- August 10th, 2014 Bach and Beyond – Avi Avital and Mahan Esfahani at the Bristol Proms
- August 9th, 2014 The bits you don’t see… backstage at concerts and competitions
- August 1st, 2014 Martynas Levickis
- July 24th, 2014 Trio di Clarone at Wigmore Hall
- July 21st, 2014 ‘It’s not that weird – honest!’ - The How and Why of The Hermes Experiment
- July 13th, 2014 Conservatoire de Paris
- July 11th, 2014 From TV to the stage with Owen Wingrave
- July 7th, 2014 Behind the Scenes at Aldeburgh with the Britten-Pears Young Artist Programme
- July 1st, 2014 Avi Avital
- June 22nd, 2014 The Kronberg Academy
- June 21st, 2014 Masterclass in the morning - Menahem Pressler at Wigmore Hall
- June 18th, 2014 In touch with Menahem Pressler
- June 1st, 2014 Quatuor Hermès
- May 22nd, 2014 An Alpine Symphony - Richard Strauss
- May 16th, 2014 Central Conservatory of Music, Beijing
- May 2nd, 2014 Music Therapy II
- April 28th, 2014 Introduction to Music Therapy
- April 24th, 2014 A day in the life of Perugia… Part II - Music Fest Perugia