Oliver Pashley is a London-based clarinettist and founding member of The Hermes Experiment. He plays regularly with orchestras and ensembles at home and abroad, including the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, Britten Sinfonia, the Philharmonia Orchestra, Southbank Sinfonia, Northern Ballet Sinfonia, and the Haffner Wind Octet.
As a soloist he has worked with many ensembles around the UK, including performances of Mozart’s Clarinet Quintet with the Allegri Quartet at the Anghiari Festival and their Richmond concert series, Brahms’ Clarinet Trio with pianist Carole Presland and cellist Alasdair Tait, and unconducted performances of Mozart’s Clarinet Concerto with the Bristol Ensemble, with whom he will be returning in their 2017/18 season to perform Copland’s Clarinet Concerto.
Oliver gave a performance of Peter Maxwell Davies’ Hymnos on the Barbican main stage in an evening featuring the world première of the composer’s Tenth Symphony given by the London Symphony Orchestra. He has performed at the Schleswig-Holstein, City of London, Cambridge, Petworth, Stogumber, Bushey and Deal festivals, and recently performed onstage with fellow alumni of Southbank Sinfonia on the Olivier Theatre stage in an acclaimed revival of Peter Shaffer’s play Amadeus at the National Theatre in a 6-month run.
Oliver studied at Cambridge University, and went on to obtain a Master’s Degree with distinction from the Guildhall School of Music and Drama. Oliver was an Artist Fellow in residence at the Guildhall School in 2014-15, which culminated in a concert featuring an unconducted performance of John Adams’ Gnarly Buttons given with the School’s New Music Ensemble.
As well as his contributions to Interlude, Oliver is also the Schools’ Administrator for Apollo Music Projects, a charity which brings classical music to children aged 7-11 who might not otherwise experience it.
Oliver gratefully acknowledges the support he receives from the Countess of Munster Musical Trust and Help Musicians UK.
- November 1st, 2015 Julie Fuchs
- October 3rd, 2015 Jean Rondeau
- September 26th, 2015 Are you a noisy neighbour? - Four golden rules of practice to avoid disputes
- September 18th, 2015 Order and chaos – Copland’s Clarinet Concerto
- September 13th, 2015 Meditations on humanity via the Guinness Book of Records
- September 1st, 2015 Olga Kulchynska
- August 1st, 2015 David Aaron Carpenter
- July 13th, 2015 The Juilliard School
- July 1st, 2015 Areta Zhulla
- June 1st, 2015 Francesco Piemontesi
- May 1st, 2015 Charlie Siem
- April 1st, 2015 SIGNUMfive
- March 30th, 2015 Salzburg Mozarteum – the Place to Smell Music
- March 18th, 2015 Music as a Character – John Malkovich and Ksenia Kogan Exclusive
- March 2nd, 2015 Robert Gleadow
- February 3rd, 2015 LSO/Rattle/Deranged Ligetian Soprano
- February 1st, 2015 Sophie Dartigalongue
- January 18th, 2015 The Royal Academy of Music
- January 1st, 2015 DaXun Zhang
- December 31st, 2014 The Escher Quartet goes East