Oliver Pashley is a London-based clarinettist and founding member of The Hermes Experiment. He plays regularly with orchestras and ensembles at home and abroad, including the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, Britten Sinfonia, the Philharmonia Orchestra, Southbank Sinfonia, Northern Ballet Sinfonia, and the Haffner Wind Octet.
As a soloist he has worked with many ensembles around the UK, including performances of Mozart’s Clarinet Quintet with the Allegri Quartet at the Anghiari Festival and their Richmond concert series, Brahms’ Clarinet Trio with pianist Carole Presland and cellist Alasdair Tait, and unconducted performances of Mozart’s Clarinet Concerto with the Bristol Ensemble, with whom he will be returning in their 2017/18 season to perform Copland’s Clarinet Concerto.
Oliver gave a performance of Peter Maxwell Davies’ Hymnos on the Barbican main stage in an evening featuring the world première of the composer’s Tenth Symphony given by the London Symphony Orchestra. He has performed at the Schleswig-Holstein, City of London, Cambridge, Petworth, Stogumber, Bushey and Deal festivals, and recently performed onstage with fellow alumni of Southbank Sinfonia on the Olivier Theatre stage in an acclaimed revival of Peter Shaffer’s play Amadeus at the National Theatre in a 6-month run.
Oliver studied at Cambridge University, and went on to obtain a Master’s Degree with distinction from the Guildhall School of Music and Drama. Oliver was an Artist Fellow in residence at the Guildhall School in 2014-15, which culminated in a concert featuring an unconducted performance of John Adams’ Gnarly Buttons given with the School’s New Music Ensemble.
As well as his contributions to Interlude, Oliver is also the Schools’ Administrator for Apollo Music Projects, a charity which brings classical music to children aged 7-11 who might not otherwise experience it.
Oliver gratefully acknowledges the support he receives from the Countess of Munster Musical Trust and Help Musicians UK.
- March 1st, 2018 Denis Matsuev
- February 20th, 2018 Life on the Road II
- February 8th, 2018 Life on the Road I
- February 1st, 2018 Sebastian Manz
- January 1st, 2018 Shenyang
- December 1st, 2017 Sasha Cooke
- November 1st, 2017 Richard Lin
- October 1st, 2017 Andrew Tyson
- September 1st, 2017 David Kadouch
- August 14th, 2017 “Do that which can only be done by you” Johnnie Douglas-Pennant, Paul K Joyce, and Celestial
- August 1st, 2017 Mishka Rushdie-Momen
- July 1st, 2017 Leonardo Capalbo
- June 4th, 2017 Musical Giants of the 20th Century: Oboists
- June 1st, 2017 Jean-Guihen Queyras
- May 21st, 2017 Musical Giants of the 20th Century: Flutists
- May 1st, 2017 Ermonela Jaho
- April 16th, 2017 Critical Ear with Sharpened Pen - ‘Just Write. Write Anywhere.’ Norman Lebrecht
- April 1st, 2017 Maria Milstein
- March 19th, 2017 Musical Giants of the 20th Century: Trumpets
- March 1st, 2017 Valeriy Sokolov