Oliver Pashley is a London-based clarinettist and founding member of The Hermes Experiment. He plays regularly with orchestras and ensembles at home and abroad, including the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, Britten Sinfonia, the Philharmonia Orchestra, Southbank Sinfonia, Northern Ballet Sinfonia, and the Haffner Wind Octet.
As a soloist he has worked with many ensembles around the UK, including performances of Mozart’s Clarinet Quintet with the Allegri Quartet at the Anghiari Festival and their Richmond concert series, Brahms’ Clarinet Trio with pianist Carole Presland and cellist Alasdair Tait, and unconducted performances of Mozart’s Clarinet Concerto with the Bristol Ensemble, with whom he will be returning in their 2017/18 season to perform Copland’s Clarinet Concerto.
Oliver gave a performance of Peter Maxwell Davies’ Hymnos on the Barbican main stage in an evening featuring the world première of the composer’s Tenth Symphony given by the London Symphony Orchestra. He has performed at the Schleswig-Holstein, City of London, Cambridge, Petworth, Stogumber, Bushey and Deal festivals, and recently performed onstage with fellow alumni of Southbank Sinfonia on the Olivier Theatre stage in an acclaimed revival of Peter Shaffer’s play Amadeus at the National Theatre in a 6-month run.
Oliver studied at Cambridge University, and went on to obtain a Master’s Degree with distinction from the Guildhall School of Music and Drama. Oliver was an Artist Fellow in residence at the Guildhall School in 2014-15, which culminated in a concert featuring an unconducted performance of John Adams’ Gnarly Buttons given with the School’s New Music Ensemble.
As well as his contributions to Interlude, Oliver is also the Schools’ Administrator for Apollo Music Projects, a charity which brings classical music to children aged 7-11 who might not otherwise experience it.
Oliver gratefully acknowledges the support he receives from the Countess of Munster Musical Trust and Help Musicians UK.
- March 1st, 2017 Valeriy Sokolov
- February 1st, 2017 Guanqun Yu
- January 12th, 2017 Hong Kong Chamber Music Festival – Nicholas Canellakis
- January 1st, 2017 Alina Pogostkina
- December 1st, 2016 Sunwook Kim
- November 1st, 2016 Iskandar Widjaja
- October 1st, 2016 Joseph Moog
- September 25th, 2016 Musical Giants of the 20th Century: Clarinettists
- September 1st, 2016 Daniel Müller-Schott
- August 24th, 2016 Mannes School of Music
- August 2nd, 2016 Tobias Greenhalgh
- July 17th, 2016 Critical Ear with Sharpened Pen - The Voice of Reason – Jessica Duchen
- July 2nd, 2016 Behzod Abduraimov
- June 23rd, 2016 Sibelius Academy
- June 1st, 2016 Richard Galliano
- May 1st, 2016 Dashon Burton
- April 1st, 2016 Louis Schwizgebel
- March 1st, 2016 Norma Nahoun
- January 14th, 2016 Clara-Jumi Kang
- January 12th, 2016 Keeping it Fresh with the Emerson Quartet in Hong Kong