|Frances Wilson is a London-based pianist, piano teacher, music reviewer and blogger on music and pianism as ‘The Cross-Eyed Pianist’. A keen concert-goer, Frances is a regular reviewer for international concert and opera listings site Bachtrack.com. She also writes a monthly column on various aspects of piano playing for ‘Pianist’ magazine’s online content and has contributed guest articles to a number of classical music websites around the world. A passionate advocate of amateur pianism, Frances is co-founder of the London Piano Meetup Group which hosts informal performance platforms, workshops and social events for adult amateur pianists in and around London.|
Frances holds Licentiate and Associate Diplomas (both with Distinction) in Performance. From 2008 to 2014 she studied privately with Penelope Roskell, Professor of Piano & Piano Pedagogy at Trinity-Laban Conservatoire of Music & Dance, one of London’s foremost specialist music colleges. She now studies with acclaimed pianist, teacher and writer Graham Fitch, and has participated in masterclasses and workshops with Murray McLachlan, Carlo Grante, Norma Fisher, Alan Fraser, Charlotte Tomlinson and Christine Croshaw.
- December 22nd, 2016 V is for Virtuoso
- December 6th, 2016 Mysteries of the Sustain Pedal
- November 29th, 2016 Gesture in Piano Playing, Part 2
- November 22nd, 2016 Gesture in Piano Playing, Part 1
- November 17th, 2016 Are concerts “too long”?
- November 10th, 2016 “Through discipline comes freedom” (Aristotle)
- October 25th, 2016 Life Inside the Gilded Cage
- October 19th, 2016 Pianos, old and new
- October 11th, 2016 Let’s celebrate the elite in classical music
- October 9th, 2016 Robert Schumann’s Advice to Young Musicians – revisited by Steven Isserlis
- September 21st, 2016 Attachment: pianists and their pianos
- September 15th, 2016 Playing the Beethoven Piano Sonatas
- September 6th, 2016 Accentuate the Positive: Music and Neuro-Linguistic Programming
- August 23rd, 2016 Serenity, Melancholy, and Tragic Intensity: - Mozart’s Rondo in A minor K511
- August 20th, 2016 Should certain repertoire be “off limits” to amateur pianists?
- July 31st, 2016 Musical Giants of the 20th Century: Pianists
- July 27th, 2016 Teachers and Mentors
- July 14th, 2016 Old friends: reviving old repertoire
- July 13th, 2016 A Selected Reading List for Pianists
- June 29th, 2016 Pleasure and Pain: on being an amateur pianist