|Frances Wilson is a UK-based pianist, piano teacher, music reviewer and blogger on music and pianism as ‘The Cross-Eyed Pianist’. A keen concert-goer, Frances has been a regular reviewer for international concert and opera listings site Bachtrack.com. She has contributed many articles on various aspects of piano playing for ‘Pianist’ magazine’s online content, and has written guest articles for a number of classical music websites around the world. She has acted as a syllabus consultant for the London College of Music and has written teaching notes for the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music piano syllabus (2019-20). Frances has also appeared on BBC Radio Three’s ‘Music Matters’ programme to discuss the role of music criticism and the effect of the internet and social media on writing about classical music today. |
- May 20th, 2018 Audience Watching
- May 18th, 2018 Meet the Artist – François-Frédéric Guy
- May 16th, 2018 Polish sensibility: the Mazurkas of Chopin and Szymanowski
- May 13th, 2018 The piano tuner: the pianist’s best friend
- May 6th, 2018 Dedication and passion: the inspiring world of the adult amateur pianist
- April 29th, 2018 Schools of Influence
- April 26th, 2018 The Genius of Claude Debussy
- April 22nd, 2018 Big music for small-handed pianists
- April 15th, 2018 Capture the Moment: Musicians In the Zone
- April 8th, 2018 Dartington International Summer School at 70
- April 1st, 2018 Live lessons – thoughts on performing
- March 25th, 2018 Be More Amateur
- March 18th, 2018 No Introduction Needed?
- March 11th, 2018 The Creativity Routine
- March 4th, 2018 The myth of ‘natural talent’
- February 25th, 2018 Small is Beautiful – the piano miniature
- February 18th, 2018 How do Musicians Define Success?
- February 11th, 2018 Relaxing Classical Music?
- February 4th, 2018 The Pianist’s Presence
- January 28th, 2018 There is No Right Way