|Frances Wilson is a UK-based pianist, piano teacher, music reviewer and blogger on music and pianism as ‘The Cross-Eyed Pianist’. A keen concert-goer, Frances has been a regular reviewer for international concert and opera listings site Bachtrack.com. She has contributed many articles on various aspects of piano playing for ‘Pianist’ magazine’s online content, and has written guest articles for a number of classical music websites around the world. She has acted as a syllabus consultant for the London College of Music and has written teaching notes for the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music piano syllabus (2019-20). Frances has also appeared on BBC Radio Three’s ‘Music Matters’ programme to discuss the role of music criticism and the effect of the internet and social media on writing about classical music today. |
- August 5th, 2018 Why Perform?
- August 2nd, 2018 A special relationship: pianists and their composers
- July 29th, 2018 Why should I review this concert?
- July 26th, 2018 Early Works
- July 22nd, 2018 “I played it better at home!”
- July 19th, 2018 Music Through Words - On Chesil Beach
- July 17th, 2018 Stephen Hough’s Dream album
- July 15th, 2018 Returning to the studio
- July 12th, 2018 A Favourite Album: - «Résonance de l’Originaire»
- July 8th, 2018 Synergy
- July 4th, 2018 CHILD’S PLAY - Piano music for and about children
- July 1st, 2018 The adult learner
- June 24th, 2018 When a performance goes well
- June 17th, 2018 Should I be applauding now?
- June 10th, 2018 ‘Small is beautiful’ – Petworth Festival turns 40
- June 3rd, 2018 The memory game
- May 31st, 2018 Variations on a Theme
- May 27th, 2018 Stimulating the Imagination
- May 20th, 2018 Audience Watching
- May 18th, 2018 Meet the Artist – François-Frédéric Guy