|Frances Wilson is a UK-based pianist, piano teacher, music reviewer and blogger on music and pianism as ‘The Cross-Eyed Pianist’. A keen concert-goer, Frances has been a regular reviewer for international concert and opera listings site Bachtrack.com. She has contributed many articles on various aspects of piano playing for ‘Pianist’ magazine’s online content, and has written guest articles for a number of classical music websites around the world. She has acted as a syllabus consultant for the London College of Music and has written teaching notes for the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music piano syllabus (2019-20). Frances has also appeared on BBC Radio Three’s ‘Music Matters’ programme to discuss the role of music criticism and the effect of the internet and social media on writing about classical music today. |
- September 25th, 2015 Why go on a piano course?
- August 10th, 2015 A journey through the piano music of Frédéric Chopin
- July 1st, 2015 Of Proms and Promming
- June 11th, 2015 Infinite Reflections: Arvo Pärt’s ‘Spiegel im Spiegel’
- April 26th, 2015 Amateurs take to the stage
- March 20th, 2015 Recalling Richter
- March 12th, 2015 A glimpse into the world of amateur pianism