|Frances Wilson is a UK-based pianist, piano teacher, music reviewer and blogger on music and pianism as ‘The Cross-Eyed Pianist’. A keen concert-goer, Frances has been a regular reviewer for international concert and opera listings site Bachtrack.com. She has contributed many articles on various aspects of piano playing for ‘Pianist’ magazine’s online content, and has written guest articles for a number of classical music websites around the world. She has acted as a syllabus consultant for the London College of Music and has written teaching notes for the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music piano syllabus (2019-20). Frances has also appeared on BBC Radio Three’s ‘Music Matters’ programme to discuss the role of music criticism and the effect of the internet and social media on writing about classical music today. |
- July 27th, 2016 Teachers and Mentors
- July 14th, 2016 Old friends: reviving old repertoire
- July 13th, 2016 A Selected Reading List for Pianists
- June 29th, 2016 Pleasure and Pain: on being an amateur pianist
- June 22nd, 2016 Celebrating Young Talent – the BBC Young Musician competition
- April 13th, 2016 Redefining the piano summer school
- April 2nd, 2016 Concert Going in the Age of High-Quality Recordings
- March 23rd, 2016 Masterclasses Without Tears
- March 15th, 2016 Schubert’s Impromptus
- March 8th, 2016 No talking in the stalls please!
- February 21st, 2016 What’s the point of reviewing concerts?
- February 17th, 2016 The Musician as Sportsperson
- February 9th, 2016 Should I Be Standing Now?
- January 26th, 2016 The Creativity Iceberg
- January 24th, 2016 Seeing and Hearing
- January 13th, 2016 Classical Musicians and Social Media
- December 5th, 2015 Transcending Tunes of Light and Shade - Handel: Messiah
- November 13th, 2015 Page Turning; it’s harder than you think…
- October 10th, 2015 What are Concerts for?
- September 25th, 2015 Why go on a piano course?