|Frances Wilson is a London-based pianist, piano teacher, music reviewer and blogger on music and pianism as ‘The Cross-Eyed Pianist’. A keen concert-goer, Frances is a regular reviewer for international concert and opera listings site Bachtrack.com. She also writes a monthly column on various aspects of piano playing for ‘Pianist’ magazine’s online content and has contributed guest articles to a number of classical music websites around the world. A passionate advocate of amateur pianism, Frances is co-founder of the London Piano Meetup Group which hosts informal performance platforms, workshops and social events for adult amateur pianists in and around London.|
Frances holds Licentiate and Associate Diplomas (both with Distinction) in Performance. From 2008 to 2014 she studied privately with Penelope Roskell, Professor of Piano & Piano Pedagogy at Trinity-Laban Conservatoire of Music & Dance, one of London’s foremost specialist music colleges. She now studies with acclaimed pianist, teacher and writer Graham Fitch, and has participated in masterclasses and workshops with Murray McLachlan, Carlo Grante, Norma Fisher, Alan Fraser, Charlotte Tomlinson and Christine Croshaw.
- April 15th, 2018 Capture the Moment: Musicians In the Zone
- April 8th, 2018 Dartington International Summer School at 70
- April 1st, 2018 Live lessons – thoughts on performing
- March 25th, 2018 Be More Amateur
- March 18th, 2018 No Introduction Needed?
- March 11th, 2018 The Creativity Routine
- March 4th, 2018 The myth of ‘natural talent’
- February 25th, 2018 Small is Beautiful – the piano miniature
- February 18th, 2018 How do Musicians Define Success?
- February 11th, 2018 Relaxing Classical Music?
- February 4th, 2018 The Pianist’s Presence
- January 28th, 2018 There is No Right Way
- January 24th, 2018 Piano Fantasies
- January 21st, 2018 Opera gains a new fan
- January 14th, 2018 What do musicians do all day?
- January 7th, 2018 The Piano is for Playing
- December 31st, 2017 The success in failure
- December 24th, 2017 The Pianist’s Self-Compassion
- December 17th, 2017 Agree to disagree
- December 10th, 2017 Responsibilities - Of audiences, performers and concert venues