|Frances Wilson is a UK-based pianist, piano teacher, music reviewer and blogger on music and pianism as ‘The Cross-Eyed Pianist’. A keen concert-goer, Frances has been a regular reviewer for international concert and opera listings site Bachtrack.com. She has contributed many articles on various aspects of piano playing for ‘Pianist’ magazine’s online content, and has written guest articles for a number of classical music websites around the world. She has acted as a syllabus consultant for the London College of Music and has written teaching notes for the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music piano syllabus (2019-20). Frances has also appeared on BBC Radio Three’s ‘Music Matters’ programme to discuss the role of music criticism and the effect of the internet and social media on writing about classical music today. |
- August 15th, 2019 Interview with Masato Suzuki - Principal Conductor of Bach Collegium Japan
- August 11th, 2019 Must We Have Music With Everything?
- August 8th, 2019 Stephen Hough’s Rough Ideas
- August 7th, 2019 Two Female Composers Whose Music Deserves to Be Better Known
- August 4th, 2019 Are Classical Musicians “Stuffy”?
- July 31st, 2019 Three French Female Composers Whose Music You Should Explore
- July 28th, 2019 Learning Side by Side
- July 25th, 2019 Piano Competitions - Olympics for Pianists or an Important Part of a Young Musician’s Development?
- July 21st, 2019 The Hardest Piece?
- July 18th, 2019 Percy Grainger – the Eccentric Piano Wizard
- July 14th, 2019 A Sense of Ownership
- July 11th, 2019 Romanticism Reincarnated: Bill Evans’ ‘Peace Piece’
- July 7th, 2019 Unwritten Things – Going Beyond the Notes
- July 4th, 2019 “The Fantastic Whirl of Destiny” - Ravel’s La Valse
- June 30th, 2019 On Being a Pianist
- June 27th, 2019 Poised on the Cusp of Romanticism - Mozart’s Fantasy in D minor K 397
- June 23rd, 2019 Queen Victoria’s Gilded Piano graces the 2019 Proms
- June 16th, 2019 Seeking Truth: The Musician’s Authenticity
- June 13th, 2019 A Pianist of the Golden Era: Nelly Akopian-Tamarina
- June 9th, 2019 The Core Canon